Topics covered within the Family Peace Initiative curriculum include:
- Cruelty vs. Respect
- Integrity and Accountability
- Personal Introspection
- Negotiation and Fairness
- Trust and Partnership
- Parenting with Respect
- Sexual Respect
- Healthy Family Relationships
The Peaceful Families Program is our trauma informed program serving women who are incarcerated. Using many of the principles and approaches of our FPI curriculum, this program helps participants begin to process through the adverse experiences and traumatic events that are far too common for imprisoned women. Using the “River of Cruelty” model as a foundation, the Peaceful Families Program has proven to be a transformative process for many of those we have served.
Working collaboratively with the staff at the Topeka Correctional Facility, the Peaceful Families Program set out to accomplish several goals:
- Reduce recidivism among women who are released from Topeka Correctional Facility
- Improve the quality of lives of inmates who are incarcerated in the Topeka Correctional Facility
- Reduce the number of discipline referrals that women in the Topeka Correctional Facility receive after completing the PFP program, in comparison with the number of discipline referrals received prior to attending the PFP program.
Halley Counseling Services, P.A offers consultation in the following areas:
- Batterer Intervention Facilitator Supervision/training
- Program development and design
- Becoming a certified BIP in Kansas
- Victim/partner work in BIP
- Batterer Intervention in the Prison Setting
- Trauma informed Programming for incarcerated women
Steve and Dorthy are routinely sought after for speaking engagements at conferences and events. Please contact the Family Peace Initiative for details. (785) 350-2858
We take on a select few expert witness cases each year.
- Please call 785.350-2858 for more information.